Maintaining the water in your hot tub doesn’t require a degree in chemistry. Hot tub water test strips can, and do, give accurate test results quicker and easier than other methods. As with any test kit, there are several factors that can be controlled to ensure the validity of the test results.
Following are some guidelines for using Aquachek test strips to obtain accurate hot tub water analysis results.
- Follow the directions that came with the kit. Sounds simple, doesn't it? It is, it is, for accurate and reliable results follow the directions on the container of the strips you are using. Test strips are continually improving and becoming more accurate, and one should never assume that the directions on one container are going to apply to another container's strips.
- Store test strips in a low humidity environment at room temperature. Hot tub water test strips will be most effective over a long period of time if they are stored properly. Suitable storage will give you accurate results until the product has reached the date of expiration.
- Keep the cap on tight between uses. Doing this will prevent moisture from entering the bottle of unused strips. It's important that moisture not be introduced to the test strips until you use them in your hot tub.
- Keep wet fingers out of the bottle. The test strips won't know the difference between the water on your fingers and the hot tub water! So, make sure that the only water your test strips are reacting with is the hot tub water you intend to measure.
- Do not use expired test strips. Most containers of test strips will display an expiration date somewhere on the container. Always be aware of this date when using or purchasing test strips. Regardless of how the container has been stored or handled, test strips have a definite shelf life and should not be used after the product has expired. Using test strips after this date will likely lead to inaccurate results.
Aquachek hot tub test strips in Canada are among the easiest and fastest methods for testing water. By following the above guidelines, you can also ensure that test strips provide an accurate method for measuring the properties of hot tub water, leading to a clean and healthy hot tub.