Waterway Executive 48 1.5 HP pump
Waterway's Executive 48 frame hot tub pump which has 1.5 HP and 2 speeds is a suitable replacement for most older hot tub pumps of the same size with the same specs. This pump has 2 speeds running at 3450 RPM on high speed and 1725 RPM on low speed.
- 1.5HP Waterway Executive 48 Spa Pump,
- 2 Speed
- Waterway OEM part # 3420620-1A,
- 2.0" intake and 2.0" discharge,
(Actual measurements are are 3" outside to outside thread on intake and discharge)
- 8.0 Amps high speed (3450 RPM)
- 2.6 Amps low speed (1725 RPM).
- New cord and unions not included, sold separately.
- May or may not have a Capacitor on top of electric motor, shown with in picture.
- We Include, 2 union O-rings automatically added to cart at checkout.
When replacing a hot tub pump it is recommended to replace the union O-ring as they can develop flat edges from being compressed over the years and when a new pump is installed without replacing the O-ring the union can leak and if over tightened will crack.
Orientation of wet end.
Pump wet end can be oriented in 90 Degree increments, up, left or right as shown in illustration on the right. Pump will ship with discharge directed up. To change the discharge orientation, loosen the pump's four through bolts from the back of the motor and pull them back enough to disengage. Then rotate the wet end to the desired position, realign and re-tighten the bolts.
If your pump thread O.D. is (approx.) 3.0", Then you'll need a Pump with union size 2.0".
If your pump thread O.D. is (approx.) 3 5/8", Then you'll need a Pump with union size 2 1/2".
Some brands of hot tub spa pumps have non-standard threads and use fitting sizes with different dimensions. These brands are: Hayward, Jacuzzi and sta-rite.